Deadline: March 1, 2017
(NOTE - Apply early! Applications may be filled on a rolling basis.)
Columbia Business School (CBS) is seeking outstanding applicants
for the 2017 Summer Research Internship program. The highly selective program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the students to the world of business research. Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: Finance, Economics, Marketing, Management, Decision Sciences, Operations, Accounting, and Data Analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, the Physical Sciences, and the Social and Behavioral Sciences, are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Behavioral projects in Marketing or Management require knowledge of SPSS and prior experience in a psychology laboratory
- Quantitative projects in Accounting, Decision, Risk, & Operations, Finance and Economics, Management, and Marketing require strong programming skills:
- STATA required for projects in Finance, Economics, and Management
- Matlab, R or Python required for projects in Marketing or DRO
- SAS or STATA required for projects in Accounting
- Experience in Python or C/C++ is a plus
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first-year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program runs from May 30, 2017 – August 4, 2017 (tentative dates)
. On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided. Applications will be reviewed beginning mid-January and positions may be filled on a rolling basis
. The application process is highly competitive. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To Apply: http://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/faculty-research/research/job-opportunities/summer-research-internship