Home > Undergraduate Research
> Cover Art Contest
Cover Art Contest
Now Accepting Cover Art Submissions for Explorations Volume 8!
Each year Explorations calls for cover art submissions based off of 2-3 articles selected as potential themes for the upcoming volume’s cover artwork. The student editorial board votes to choose the winning design, which will be featured on the cover of the next volume of Explorations and will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card!
See the covers of Current and Past Issues.
Cover Art Submission Guidelines
- Submissions must be entirely original work based on one of the article themes below
- Created while a student at Texas A&M University
- Only ONE submission per student
- Include the Explorations Logo in the top left-hand corner, a maroon tab on the right edge, and space for featured articles. See the covers of Current and Past Issues for examples.
- The original design MUST be 8.625" by 11.125" (Portrait Orientation). This means that your 8.5” x 11” document includes a 1/8” bleed. Your design must extend to the edges of the document (i.e. Do not leave the bleed area blank unless it is intentional for the design).
- At least 300 dpi. Vector format is preferred for digital artwork.
- Photographs and photo manipulations are allowed, but ALL images must be original to the artist. Images from the Internet are strictly prohibited.
- Hand-drawn and painted submissions are allowed. Please scan in the highest quality available.
- Submission of a design indicates that you are willing to release copyright to Texas A&M University so that we may use your design both as the cover of Volume 8 and on any promotional material.
- If your design is selected, you must be able to provide the original file in which the work was created.
Volume 8 Themes
- Understanding the Fate of Algal Toxins in Caribbean Reef Herbivores. Read the Abstract.
- Reaching Utopia: Creating Plato’s Republic with Asimov’s Robots. Read the Abstract.
- Do More Promiscuous Honey Bee Queens Produce Healthier Hives? Read the Abstract.
How to Submit
Email a PDF attachment OR shared Google Drive link to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information in the body of your email:
- First and Last Name
- TAMU Email Address
- Title of the Work
- Brief explanation of the methods used to create your work and how it applies to one of the chosen article themes.
The deadline to submit cover art for Volume 8 is Friday, July 29, 2016 at noon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.