Undergraduate Research Travel Awards
Honors and Undergraduate Research is pleased to announce an award program to support travel for the purpose of presenting undergraduate research results at professional meetings. Each year, the Undergraduate Research Travel Award program will provide reimbursements of up to $500 to defray travel expenses for undergraduate students.
Please note the following requirements:
- Support is available only for students who are the presenting author of a poster or oral presentation.
- Students must be enrolled full time at Texas A&M at the time of travel (or during the previous semester in the case of summer travel).
- The research must be accomplished under the supervision of a Texas A&M faculty member, who must provide a supporting recommendation.
- Funding is limited to a maximum of $500 per student to defray travel expenses, including transportation, accommodation, and registration fees. Receipts and confirmation of a student's presentation at the meeting will be required for reimbursement.
- The only allowable expenses are meeting registration, air transportation, mileage, and meeting accommodations. Meals and incidentals are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Because funding is limited, priority will be given to students who have not received prior travel support awards, and whose travel will increase the visibility of our undergraduate research programs on a national or international stage.
- Award recipients will be expected to acknowledge the office of Honors and Undergraduate Research in their presentation and to take part in activities to publicize their participation.
Students must complete the Undergraduate Research Travel Award application form. The student’s faculty advisor must complete a Faculty Endorsement form. Please do not use acronyms. Both forms must be submitted to Tammis Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2013.
Complete applications will be reviewed and awarded in the order received up to a maximum of 20 awards this semester. Incomplete applications will not be considered.